ABERDARE, NAKURU & MARA KENYA LODGE SAFARI
Summary of this Lodge Safari
Departs & ends in Nairobi, Kenya
See Departure Dates | See all tours from Nairobi
Quick Itinerary Overview
This Budget Kenya Lodge Safari takes you high into the mountains, down into the Great Rift Valley and out onto the wide-open savannas to encounter the wondrous wildlife of Africa in three top game parks.
First, visit Aberdare National Park with its steep ravines, waterfalls and peaks where forest dwelling, unusual animals and birds are found. Then descend into the Great Rift Valley to explore Lake Nakuru National Park, known for its spectacular bird-life, frequent rhino sightings and tree-climbing lions. Next we travel to the world-famous Masai Mara Game Reserve, the quintessential African landscape, home to an incredible abundance of wildlife.
Throughout this affordable Kenya Lodge Safari we stay at top-class lodges inside the national parks, all meals and game drives included, traveling by 4×4 safari vehicle.
Itinerary for this Tour
Day 1: Nairobi to Aberdare National Park – Kenya
Welcome to Africa! We meet you at the international airport in Kenya when you arrive. Leaving Nairobi we travel north into the mountainous highlands of Kenya, to the towering Aberdare Mountain Range.
First stop, lunch at Aberdare Country Club, located on a mountain slope in the scenic Great Rift Valley. After lunch we drive to the nearby lodge where we will stay for tonight.
The Ark Tree Lodge is an unusual structure, consisting of multiple levels with viewing decks and a hide for watching wildlife at the waterhole and saltlick that the lodge overlooks. Reminiscent of the biblical Noah’s Ark, the lodge is set amid trees in Aberdare National Park. Dinner and game viewing at the floodlit watering hole, from the look-outs at the lodge.
Lunch: Aberdare Country Club
Dinner: The Ark Lodge
Day 2: Aberdare National Park to Lake Nakuru National Park – Kenya
The morning starts with tea or coffee as you watch for animals at The Ark. Then breakfast at the Aberdare Country Club, before picking up our luggage and transferring to the pop-up roof 4×4 vehicle. Down we go, to a lower-lying area of the Great Rift Valley, staying in central Kenya.
Today we take our first game drive in the 4×4 safari vehicle, starting to watch for animals en route to our lodge, inside Lake Nakuru National Park. Arriving at Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge we have lunch and enjoy the setting, looking out over the lovely Lake Nakuru. Then we set out in our 4×4 game vehicle to encounter the prolific birdlife, especially flamingos, and wild animals of the game park. Common sightings include hippos, rhinos, baboons, buffalos, zebras and giraffes, among others.
Returning from our afternoon adventure in Lake Nakuru Park we tuck into dinner and watch some live tribal dancing.
Breakfast: Aberdare Country Club
Lunch & Dinner: Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge
Day 3: Lake Nakuru National Park to Masai Mara National Reserve – Kenya
Goodbye central Kenya and hello Masai Mara, safari land of legends. Drive southwest and straight into the world-famous Masai Mara National Reserve.
We overnight at Keekorok Lodge, lunch and dinner included. Settle in and take a dip in the pool, then it’s time to experience one of the finest game viewing destinations in the world. We head off in our 4×4 with pop-up roof, each passenger guaranteed a window seat as before. We drive across the open plains in search of the Big Five and the abundance of other wildlife in this beautiful game reserve.
The game viewing in Masai Mara is outstanding all year, but the highlight is the Great Migration when masses of herbivores stampede across plains and rivers. More than a million wildebeest, gazelles, zebras and other plains game move between Mara and Serengeti every year, with numerous predators in tow.
Breakfast: Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge
Lunch & Dinner: Keekorok Lodge
Day 4: Masai Mara National Game Reserve
A full day of game viewing in Masai Mara, lies ahead. We roam the Savannah in our 4×4, on early- and mid-morning game drives. Then back to the lodge for lunch before the grand finale – one last game drive in Kenya’s top game park.
At the end of an awe-inspiring day of wildlife watching we sit back and have dinner and a drink at the bar.
All Meals: Keekorok Lodge
Day 5: Masai Mara National Game Reserve to Nairobi – Kenya
Wake up in the Masai Mara and tuck into a scrumptious breakfast at the lodge.
Sadly the time has come to bid farewell to the grand landscapes of Africa and drive back to Nairobi in the 4×4 safari vehicle. We get to the city in the afternoon, dropping you off at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport again, or your post-safari accommodation.
You can request an optional (at extra cost) visit to the Karen Blixen Coffee Garden, including lunch, if you choose.
Cost: 1500 usd per person sharing.
Included in this package:
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- All meals noted in the itinerary. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes.
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each minivan carries safari accessories including wildlife books, beanbags to support cameras on car doors and window sills, binoculars, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided in the minivan while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary
For more information reach us on email@example.com
Phone: +254 725 971 349